Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What do you believe?

I self-assess a lot. I think about my favorite things, my beliefs, why I believe what I do, why I do what I do... pretty much always thinking about stuff. 

Stuff is a horrible word. But I'm tired. The rest of this post isn't even brand new out of my head. It's a creed I wrote up back in 2011. It's still true, but don't for one minute assume that this covers everything. 

So go ahead and read it. And then maybe think about what you believe. And if you want, share. Because, you know, I like to think about stuff.

-I believe in seeing a situation from every possible angle, and deciding only after that what to do or say or take as truth.

-I believe that the grime we get on us from driving down the dirt road of life is always able to be washed off one way or another.

-I believe no one enters our lives for no reason.

-I believe in not holding onto regret, but to learn from our mistakes and move on.

-I believe in the power of choice – we are never without options, even if those options are limited.

-I believe in the alchemy of love. You may not change the world, or people, or keep “stuff” from happening, but love will always manage to change you.

-I believe in the tenacity of humanity.

-I believe in the Power that generated this Universe, and all that it can do.

-I believe that the line between contentment and complacency is drawn with self-worth.


-I believe that we are dynamic beings, and that it is far more natural to be a flowing river than a stagnant pond.

1 comment:

  1. You know what Dana, I believe IN YOU!!! I believe that you can persevere, achieve and inspire. I also believe in kindness to others, understanding & respect despite differences, the power of music to touch my soul, the power of words and I believe that even on the shittiest of days, a glass of wine and beautiful pair of shoes will make it all better!! (there's a LONG this of things I believe, but that's a start) - Kimber

    ReplyDelete